Heating and air conditioning company in Whitby - OnPoint Home Services Inc
Air Conditioning and Heating in Whitby
Everyone hopes their HVAC system will last a long time. They want to enjoy the heat in the winter and the cool in the summer without having to spend a lot of money on the heater or air conditioner in the process. However, as time goes on, common HVAC problems can start to show up. At OnPoint Home Services, we understand heating and air conditioning in Whitby and can assist when something doesn’t work with your HVAC system. Some of the most common issues you should look for if your heating and air conditioning system stops working includes:
- Not maintaining the system: If you don’t give the system the proper maintenance and get it checked out, the parts will start to fail and stop working. This can result in a costly repair bill.
- Dirty filters: As air runs through the HVAC, little particles will get stuck on the filter. This is a normal part of using the HVAC system through the year. However, if you do not clean or replace the filter often, it can cause the system to stop working.
- The pilot light stops working: Burners that stop working, a dirty flame sensor, or a dirty pilot can cause this not to work. You may even find that it is just a gas supply problem that needs fixed.
- The thermostat isn’t working: There are several types of thermostats that can show up in your HVAC system. If this thermostat stops working, then it is going to have trouble keeping the home at the right temperature.
- Unusual noises in the furnace: There will be some noise that is normal with your furnace. But if you hear a lot of squealing and whining, then this is a sign that something is breaking, such as the blower motor or the motor. Some noises are a sign that the airflow can’t get through the system. If you hear something that seems unusual, it is time to get it checked out.
- The blower is always running. This could be as simple as checking the fan switch located on the thermostat. You may have accidently turned this on. If that doesn’t fix it, then you may need to get a few other things checked out.
- A dirty evaporator coil: This is able to reduce how efficient the air conditioner and the heater and make them not work all that well. If the coil is really dirty, then it is time to call OP because you need a professional technician to come in and fix the problem.
If one of these common mistakes start to show up in your HVAC system, make sure to contact us at OnPoint Home Services.
We can handle all of your heating and air conditioning needs in Whitby, and provide you with friendly service at an affordable price. Contact us today to get started.